Delphic signs MOU for Industry 4.0 Transformation
On 24 October 2019, Delphic Manufacturing signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) as part of an industries-wide partnership to help companies develop Industry 4.0 capabilities and transform themselves.
Key signatories of the MoU included:
- Bosch Rexroth Regional Training Centre (BRRTC), an anchor in the upcoming Jurong Innovation District – a 600-hectre advanced manufacturing hub in Singapore;
- SkillsFuture Singapore, a government agency focused on driving adult learning and development;
- Jurong Town Corporation, the lead agency for the planning, promotion and development of Singapore’s industrial landscape;
- Singapore Polytechnic; and
- Early adopter small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs).
For Delphic, this partnership is a significant milestone for us and fellow SMEs across various industry sectors. It will give us access to valuable training opportunities, a platform for proof-of-concept projects, and exposure to state-of-the-art advanced manufacturing technologies.
More importantly, it is an opportunity for our team to participate in BRRTC’s Industrie 4.0 Specialist programme – a 10-day German federal standardised training programme that provides specialists with the skills to effectively develop and implement Industry 4.0 methods and technologies in their workplace environments.
With BRRTC expected to be ready in 2020, next year looks like it’s going to be an exciting one for us. (Stay tuned here for more updates!)
The MoU signing took place on the final day of Industrial Transformation Asia Pacific 2019 (ITAP 2019) – the region’s leading trade event on Industry 4.0.
- “SkillsFuture Singapore partners Bosch Rexroth for SME training centre; starts engineer bootcamp”, Business Times
- “SkillsFuture Singapore Collaborates with Industry Partners and Institutes of Higher Learning to Support Enterprises and Individuals in Their Workforce Development and Skills Transformation in Advanced Manufacturing”, SkillsFuture Singapore